Trainee Outdoor Instructor – Recruiting now for January 2020
Ardmay House Outdoor Centre
Looking to further your career in the outdoors? Ardmay House Outdoor Centre can provide the perfect opportunity for those who have a passion for outdoor pursuits. If you are looking to gain valuable experience and learn the technical and people skills needed to work in this industry, Ardmay House Outdoor Centre is the best place to be. www.ardmay.com
As a trainee you will work with qualified outdoor instructors taking groups mountaineering, climbing, abseiling, weaselling, kayaking, orienteering, canoeing, and many other activities. We will coach you to improve key skills such as session plans, group control and its importance, care of equipment and facilities, set up and de-rigging of activities, child protection, first aid, icebreakers and more.
You will work towards your National Governing Body accreditations (NGB’s) for Mountain Leader (ML), Rock Climbing Instructor(RCI), and BCU Paddle Sport Instructor. When you have obtained the experience and prerequisites required we will pay for you to attend the training and assessment courses for these NGB’s.
You will receive £500 per month, full board and shared (twin room) accommodation.
If this appeals to you, grasp this amazing opportunity and apply now!
· While there are no specific qualifications required, some experience working with children/youths and outdoor pursuits are preferential
· You must be a minimum of 18 years old.
· Be able to obtain 3 good references & a clear PVG Membership Record (Disclosure Scotland).
· Have a proven interest in working with young people
· Have a flexible and positive approach
· Confident swimmer
· Have an ability to make sensible, mature judgements
· Enthusiastic, team player
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com