Placement dates: March 2nd – October 31st – 32 weeks
Salary: £600 per month
Hours per week: 33 hours a week
Applications close: Friday 8th November at 5pm
Interview weekend: November 30th
We are looking for two aspiring instructors to join our team at Anglesey Outdoors, North Wales. The role will be to work alongside our full time and freelance instructors delivering adventure activity sessions, the day to day running of the centre and associated tasks. You will have a real opportunity to develop a career in the outdoor industry by assisting and delivering sessions, taking part in a comprehensive training programme, completing NGB (National Governing Body) courses and gaining valuable experience in all areas of working for an outdoor adventure organisation.
The ideal candidates will have the following qualities:
· 18+ UK resident or legally allowed to work in the UK
· Minimum Rock-climbing instructor award training (RCI) preferable full award
· Driving license
· Have good people skills
· Desire to learn and grow as an outdoor instructor
· Water confidence
· Paddle sports experience
· Experience of working with outdoor industry
· Be computer literate (Microsoft and G suite)
· Outdoor qualifications
· Be open to work in other departments i.e. Bar, Catering and maintenance
· First Aid 16hr
Your Role: You will start your placement with an 8-week intensive instructor training programme. This course will give you a mix of NGB courses, in house training and consolidation / skills development days. It is expected that you will continue to develop your skills both in and out of work and will progress in a range of NGB’s based on action plans set to your individual needs.
Following this period of training and consolidation, you will be fully involved in leading and assisting of activity sessions.
Outside of the activity department, you will be expected to undertake other duties per the business demands, these will include manning reception, customer check in’s, bar work, kitchen work, kit checks, cleaning, grounds keeping and maintenance.
This placement will start the 2nd of March, the first 8 weeks comprising of a fast-track Instructor scheme and the remaining 24 weeks of employment as an assistant instructor.
Salary: This role is a paid position of £150 per week after deductions (NI, Tax, Accommodation & training allowance repayment). This is worked out on minimum wage and is a guaranteed figure every week
Training Allowance: The first 8 weeks of your time with Anglesey Outdoors will comprise of a fast-track training scheme. £2000 will be allocated to you and paid back through a zero-interest loan from Anglesey Outdoors to cover the cost. You will repay the loan out of your salary during the 32 weeks of your contract at 8 hours of work at minimum wage per week. This allowance will be spent on NGB’s in the initial fast-track instructor scheme and during the remaining weeks for any other training or assessments you may require.
· As part of your placement at Anglesey Outdoors you will have the opportunity to gain several National Governing Body and industry qualifications This will be tailored to the individual and centre needs.
· 17 days paid holidays per annum pro rata.
· Uniform and all Personal Protection Equipment provided. Use of all centre equipment to use in your own personal development.
· On completion of coasteering training and being signed off to lead this, you will be provided with a personal wetsuit.
· This position has accommodation and you will be expected to live in whilst in this position. The accommodation will be a sole occupancy caravan. These caravans have electricity and basic cooking facilities. The toilet and showers are separate in a nearby block. Guests are welcome to visit and to stay with you.
To apply, please complete the Anglesey Outdoors assistant instructor application form and send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org You can download the form from https://www.angleseyoutdoors.com/job-vacancies.html
Alternatively request a form by emailing email@example.com
If you wish to discuss this opportunity, please call Richard Carpenter Activities Manager on 01407 769351, or email firstname.lastname@example.org