Outdoor Instructor Training 2019/20
Mendip Outdoor Pursuits
- No cost to you!
- We pay YOU a training wage from day one
- 12 month, full-time contract of employment
- 28 days of paid holiday
- We'll pay for all your training and qualifications
- Includes summer and winter qualifications
- Earn more as you become qualified additional payment for every session you lead
- Full year industry experience
- Nationwide training
- All equipment provided
- Uniform provided
- Personal outdoor kit at trade prices
- Unlimited shadowing opportunities
- Instructor contracts available on completion
Mendip’s pioneering Instructor Training Scheme has been running for over 20 years and is the best way into a career in the outdoor industry.
Established in 1987, Mendip Outdoor Pursuits, has grown into the biggest and most reputable outdoor activity provider in the South West.
Our unique 250-acre site nestled in the heart of the Mendip Hills includes an indoor residential centre, two canvas villages, private rocksport quarry, snowsport park and cave system with easy access to everything the Mendip Hills has to offer.
Our unrivaled success is largely due to the reputation and experience of our instructors – who we believe are the best in the business. Our pioneering approach to instructor training has evolved since we launched our industry-first training programme in 1995. Subsequently, we’ve built our business and our hard-earned reputation on the back of our successful training programme.
We know how tough it is to get started in the outdoor industry which is why we invest in people, training and qualifications.
If you’re aiming for a rewarding career as an outdoor professional, this is the course for you.
Most Instructor Training programmes cost thousands of pounds up front, only last a couple of months and are usually in the quiet winter season.
Mendip has pioneered an alternative way into the industry. We pay for your training, qualifications and a training salary from day one. You’ll earn at least £620 per month and you’ll get a full year of training and experience.
Your basic allowance can be topped up as soon as you gain in-house or NGB qualifications.
Within the first few months you’ll be able to lead sessions in some activities and top up your basic allowance by £18.75 per half day session. In previous years Instructors have led between 200 and 250 paid sessions.
• Rock Climbing Instructor (RCI)
• Paddle Award Explore
• White Water Award
• Canoe Award
• Stand Up Paddleboard Award
• Foundation Safety & Rescue Training
• Paddlesport Instructor
• Ski Instructor
• Cave Leader Training
• Archery Leader
• Air Rifle Instructor
• Duke Of Edinburgh Award Supervisor
• Duke Of Edinburgh Award Assessor
• Teaching Orienteering Part 1
• Outdoor First Aid Award
• Safeguarding Award
• Food Hygiene Certificate
• Enhanced DBS
IN HOUSE TRAINING
- Snowsport equipment technician
- Archery Active
- Crate Stack
- Raft building
- Assault Course
- Mission Impossible
Course runs from 2nd September 2019 through to end of August 2020.
Closing date for applications: 2nd July 2019
Interview date: w/c 22nd July 2019
Find out more and apply online at www.outdoorinstructortraining.co.uk