Training and Team Engagement Officer
Kingswood, Ashford, Kent
Full Time – 5 shifts out of 7
£19,000 - £21,000 per annum
The Training and Team Engagement Officer is responsible for championing the training, development and welfare of all of our team members at Grosvenor Hall. Their primary purpose is to provide a dedicated pastoral care service whilst supporting the development journeys of our teams.
It is paramount to ensure our front line teams are safe, nurtured and empowered to make informed decisions and live independently and are therefore able to reach their potential in the Outdoor Education/Activity sector, you will work with key stakeholders to develop and execute key wellbeing and training initiatives to ensure all of our team members are happy, healthy and well supported within their time at Inspiring Learning
• Support all team members through their developmental journey
• Work with HOD team to ensure all team members complete all statutory training
• Liase with Head of Learning and HR team to ensure training modules and courses are available that deliver the team centre requirements
• To have a positive, approachable and high energy presence on centre
• Organising and participating in Team building days and morale boosting activities and events
• Plan and coordinate team events and link to national curriculum of support events etc.
• Assist with the running of the centre’s social media pages/presence and to come up with on trend ideas to boost our social media following
• To implement IL Welfare policy and provide first class Welfare and Pastoral Care Service appropriate to the age and background of team members.
• Ensuring our teams’ physical and emotional well-being is supported and appropriate action taken to support this.
• Provide a safe and secure environment that fosters respect, understanding and inclusiveness in which all team members can live, work and study (apprentices’) happily.
• Manage allocation of living/bedrooms and subsequent moves of Team members – in line with accommodation agreement.
• Carry out weekly accommodation checks and implement necessary actions to ensure hygiene, maintenance and cleanliness is adhered to at all times in line with in the accommodation agreement.
• The ability to build great rapports with colleagues and guests.
• Strong knowledge of Safeguarding and GDPR.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to read emotions and situations.
• Well organised, ability to manage multiple issues, with clear and well produced reports.
• Good listener and friendly, allowing people to confidently discuss sensitive issues.
• Assertive and ability to handle difficult situations.
• Ability to deal with emotional and potential distressing cases, being resilient.
• Good understanding of Microsoft office.
• Good understanding of the different social media platforms
• Enjoys organising and participating in team building days and morale boosting activities and events
• Duty Manager experience advantageous
• Full Driving license preferred
• First Aid certificate preferred
We are one of the most experienced providers of outdoor education in the UK. We were founded over 35 years ago and run over 1.2 million activity sessions each year across ten activity centres. Each year we welcome over 175,000 young people from more than 35 countries around the world.
Details and applications