Storekeeper (Adventure Training - Soldier Development), Lancashire
Entrust Support Services, Halton, Lancaster, Lancs
Location: Halton, Lancaster
Storekeeper (Adventure Training- Soldier Development) with Entrust Support Services Ltd.
LOCATION: JSMTC Halton (Halton Army Training Camp, Halton Road, Halton, Lancaster, LA2 6LW)
PERIOD: Average 25 -40 hours per week – working pattern to be discussed.
SALARY: £20,592 (40-hour position) (Additional uplift in the day rate for Instructional delivery for those candidates with relevant NGB qualifications)
Holidays: 23 days rising with service + bank holidays
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Entrust Outdoors is a highly motivated company, with a well-qualified and experienced staff team that shares a clear view going forward of growth and diversification, delivering the highest quality outdoor and adventurous activities in a sustainable and commercial way.
Entrust Halton delivers adventure training on behalf of the British Army. The stores are an essential part of the operation. The equipment required for Adventure Training is of the highest standard. The Stores team organises the equipment storage, issue, checking, and maintenance.
We are currently looking for a Storekeeper to join the tight knit team at the JSMTC Halton.
YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
• Issue and collection of appropriate clothing and equipment to recruits and permanent staff, including associated record keeping
• Issue and receipt of technical adventure training equipment to instructors, including associated record keeping
• Daily and other periodic checks of clothing and equipment, including 3-monthly PPE checks, along with associated record keeping
• Loading and unloading drying rooms, restocking storage areas ready for re-issue
• Conduct minor repairs and maintenance of clothing and equipment
• Laundry and drying of adventure training clothing and equipment
• Compliance with all relevant Entrust and client policies and procedures
• Assist with keeping the Soldier Development Wing stores clean and tidy
• Work to the highest standards, supporting others to achieve outstanding levels of performance
• Communicate both upwards and downwards on the key issues to ensure things get done safely
• Be prompt and effective in reacting to lowering standards and/or when improvements are needed
• Establish, maintain, and develop positive professional relationships with clients and colleagues
• Support the development of systems and processes to deliver improvements across the business
• Work effectively to ensure jobs are completed through good time and task management
• Ensure work process are followed by providing accurate information, of sufficient detail and in a timely way to support reporting
• Attend identified training and professional development activities, maintaining an active awareness of current national standards and the setting of good practice
• Undertake additional duties as required, within reason and commensurate with your role, and within your areas of competency and expertise
• At times there may be opportunity for the successful applicant to support in an Instructional capacity with the delivery of Adventure Training activity sessions in line with NGB guidelines and the framework set by the Army (Only relevant to those applicants that hold NGB qualifications –additional uplift in the day rate for Instructional delivery will be given.)
• High personal standards in presentation, communication and delivering customer service
• Fit and able to regularly manual handle equipment daily for the purpose of drying, cleaning, issuing, and checking.
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
IN ADDITION, THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCE/SKILLS ARE CONSIDERED AN ADVANTAGE:
• Hold or willingness to attend a HSE recognised PPE Inspector Qualification
• Experience of record keeping and reporting
• Experience of storekeeping/stores management
• Good IT skills
• Previous Joint Services Adventure Training experience or British Army Adventure Training experience
• Previous Military or Reservist Service
• Current UK Driving Licence
• 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
• Flexible working pattern within base opening hours
• The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
• Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
• Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
• Training and development opportunities in the wider outdoor education sector such as Summer Mountain Leader, Rock Climbing Instructor, British Canoeing Coaching and Leadership Awards, Local Cave Leader Level One
Entrust vetting, Enhanced DBS, Baseline Personal Security Screening, Ministry of Defence vetting, and British Army induction requirements will need to be completed for this role.
HOW TO APPLY: Please e-mail a CV, along with your preferred location: FAO ADVENTURE TRAINING TEAM to SD-Staffing@entrust-ed.co.uk