Seasonal Survival Instructor
Ultimate Activity Camps, Compass House, Farmoor, Oxford, OX2 9LU
Ultimate Activity Camps
Reporting to: Survival Leader
Summary of Position:
If you have experience leading outdoor sessions and working with children of all ages, this is the role for you!
The role of Survival Instructor is to deliver outstanding, structured outdoor education activities and workshops to groups of children, aged 7 to 14 years, on our Ultimate Survival Courses. You will be expected to guide groups of children through week-long courses, with emphasis on fun, excitement, teamwork, and skill development. You will have a pastoral role, being the group leader and key contact for children on Camp, taking a lead in ensuring their welfare and providing high quality care.
Roles may include accommodation (camping) either on or near the venue for staff unable to commute daily.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare and deliver activities for children aged 7-14, focusing on participation, development, safety and enjoyment.
· Encourage participation through enthusiasm and energy in scenarios and role play.
· Ensure all policies and procedures on Camp are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
· Help to set up the Ultimate Survival Camp by attending a Camp Induction Day and pack down the site at the end of the season.
· Take a pastoral role as a group leader, supporting and caring for children throughout the week, continuously promoting their welfare.
· Supervision of children outside of activity times.
· At all times behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of Ultimate Survival Camps.
· Live up to the company promise of ‘Inspiring Children Every Day’ throughout your employment.
· Show the required energy, enthusiasm and professionalism for the duration of the season, acting as an ambassador for Ultimate Survival Camps and behaving as a suitable role model for children.
· Other ad-hoc duties (cleaning, equipment maintenance/ordering etc).
· Enthusiastic, energetic individual, passionate about working with, and developing children through adventurous activities.
· Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
· Good experience within outdoor education (bushcraft specific) and experience working with children
· Excellent communication skills and verbal reasoning.
· Flexible, team player, with a dynamic approach to problem solving.
· Someone looking for a challenging, but hugely rewarding and fun job in the holidays, as well as the opportunity to further their career in the outdoor education, adventure, and childcare industries.
· Relevant degree or equivalent experience.
· Ideally qualified or studying towards NGB qualification in adventurous activities, such as archery, canoeing, bushcraft and mountaineering.
· Ideally experienced in working in a similar camp setting, working with children aged between 7 and 14 years.
· Current outdoor or paediatric first aid qualification.
· Contract: Seasonal work available in May half term and Summer school holidays.
· Hours: 8am – 6pm weekdays, plus one overnight on-duty shift per week on Thursdays. Full time or part time roles available.
· Accommodation: Camping accommodation available onsite or nearby.
· Pay: £306.40 - £464.20 per week, plus holiday pay and additional pay for overnight duties on Thursdays.
Contact: Craig Scampton firstname.lastname@example.org