Seasonal Instructors, Lake District
YMCA Lakeside, Lakeside, Cumbria
Location: Lakeside, Ulverston, Cumbria
Salary: £10.50 ph
Closing date: 20/12/22
Seasonal Instructors at YMCA Lakeside
Are you inspired and want to play an important role in changing people’s lives be a part in creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors, and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people, and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential. You’ll be working for a well-established team who work in multiple fields including Young People, Outdoor Education, Physical Activity, Housing, and our own workforce.
We offer flexible working, with an emphasis on learning and development through our online training portal for all staff, 28 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays) rising with years of service and possible the best benefit is working for a company that makes a difference.
What does the Seasonal Instructor role entail:
Two-week initial training and induction program are provided for Seasonal Instructors.
Instructors need a minimum of one NGB assessment and one other NGB training in any of the following:
· Paddle Sport Leader (BCU L1 Coach) with personal performance award (formerly 3*)
· Rock Climbing Instructor (formerly SPA)
· RYA Dinghy Instructor with Safety Boat
· Summer Mountain Leader
Your day will consist of:
· Providing inspirational, safe, high-quality instruction and learning to our clients in conjunction with the aims of the Centre and the objectives of the client.
· Ensuring that activities, equipment, group areas and accommodation has been prepared for clients in accordance with the Centre standards.
· Achieving and maintaining high standards of customer care.
· Being part of the Duty Team including sleepover duties as required.
This job is for you, if:
· You have the assessments/training listed above.
· You have experience of working in the Outdoor Education Sector, one season or equivalent.
· You are a resilient and confident team worker and can work on your own initiative.
· You are passionate about creating great experiences for children, young people and adults.
· You strive to provide high quality learning outside the classroom opportunities.
· You are a friendly, enthusiastic and hardworking individual.
· You enjoy working in a busy, fast-paced environment.
· Your work will include evenings and weekends.
Successful applicants will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS Disclosure paid for by the Centre.
For further information and to complete an application form for the above role, please visit https://www.ymca-fyldecoast.org/work-with-us/ Job Reference 682LAKE
Closing date for the role is Tuesday 20th December 2022 by 9:00am. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered. We will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis from mid – November.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 14 working days of the closing date, please consider you application unsuccessful at this time. Thank you for your understanding.