Resilience Leadership & Initiative Training Instructor, United Arab Emirates
Zayed Military University, United Arab Emirates
Location: ZMU Campus or as directed by the ZMU Commandant
Salary: 3,220 GBP & Allowances: 2,147 GBP. = 5,367 GBPpm
Closing date: 12/23
Resilience Leadership & Initiative Training Instructor at Zayed Military University
Description of Responsibilities
As a Zayed Military University (ZMU) Leadership & Initiative Training Instructor, the individual is responsible for the instruction and development of cadets at the ZMU, with the overall aim of equipping trainees with the personal skills and leadership competencies required to complete officer training at a single service college.
Whilst not exhaustive, the individual will, as a minimum, be responsible for:
· Introduction of L&IT to ZMU cadets and staff within the limits of their qualification.
· Work a 40hr week with overnight camps and weekends.
· Be capable of working all year within the harsh environment of the UAE.
· Instruct the following activities:
· Rock climbing.
· Kayaking and canoeing.
· Summer mountaineering.
· Mountain biking.
· Overnight expeditions.
· Low and high ropes and Command Tasks.
· Providing Subject Matter Expert (SME) advice and guidance to the ZMU Training Development Team and ZMU L&IT Senior Instructor (SI) as required.
· Supporting the ZMU L&IT SI in developing the training programme and training materials.
· Supporting the delivery, application and evaluation of leadership training.
· Produce detailed written reports and appraisals.
· Conduct risk assessment of L&IT activities.
· Carry out personal training to remain fit and current.
· Conduct validation and Quality Control of L&IT delivery.
· Review activities and extract key learning points.
· Be conversant will all emergency procedures.
· Carry out administrative tasks relevant to L&IT.
· Carry out any additional tasks as directed by the ZMU L&IT SI or ZMU chain of command.
Qualifications / Attributes
· Mountain Training RCI or similar
· Mountain Training Mountain Leader Summer or similar
· BC Coach Award (Level 3) or similar
· MBUK Trail Leader or similar
· Mountain First Aid Certificate or similar
· Able to work in a multi-cultural environment
· Fluent English
Mountain Training Mountaineering and Climbing Instructor or similar
· BC Canoe Leader or similar
· BC Sea Kayak Leader or similar
· MBUK Mountain Bike Instructor or similar
· Mountain First Aid Provider
· Arabic Speaking
· Strong management & training pedigree
· Proven leadership and management skills
· Military training experience
· Experience of instructing in a western officer training academy
· Experience working with foreign nations, especially Middle Eastern culture
To apply contact: firstname.lastname@example.org