Outdoor Instructors (Fixed term), Scotland
SOEC, Perthshire / Edinburgh / Trossachs, Scotland
Location: SOEC centres, Perthshire / Edinburgh / Trossachs
Salary: £18,772-£19,760pa pr
Closing date: ongoing
Outdoor Instructors (fixed term) with SOEC
SOEC is an independent Scottish charity providing quality learning opportunities for schools and groups.
Our Mission is to inspire, motivate and empower young people to develop the qualities and skills they will need to survive and thrive in their future.
We are looking for additional staff team members to join the existing team.
SOEC operates 3 outdoor centres and focuses on delivering inspiring, engaging and fun outdoor learning sessions. Our visitors are primarily schools and youth groups but also include a range of other groups including ASN, universities and adults.
We have vacancies on the team starting now through to October. Contracts may be extended according to additional bookings in the autumn. Shorter contracts are available too and we are happy to discuss this at the time of application.
You will receive training and induction prior to commencing work with groups.
What we look for:
● a genuine interest in the education and development of young people
● people looking to develop group skills and qualifications
● ideally with one or more national governing body awards
● minimum of a year’s experience working at a residential outdoor education centre.
● driving licence desirable
What we offer:
● Rate from 1 April - £18,772-£19,760 pro rata based on a 38 hour week – weekends and evening working will be part of this. Additional payments are made for duty cover.
● 28 days holiday per annum pro rata
● a variety of groups with which to develop your skills – from primary school to youth groups and adults
● the opportunity to work with the same group all week, ensuring learning and personal development for participants
● a work place close to crags, mountains and rivers with the opportunity to get out and develop skills with colleagues
● a pathway into kick starting your career in outdoor learning
● CPD/training opportunities with peers and external organisations
● the opportunity to meet and work with a team of likeminded professionals
● single room accommodation is available at each Centre if required
Interviews will be held in person or virtually in line with practicalities.
To apply please send your CV and a completed application form (available via our https://www.soec.org.uk/about-us/job-opportunities/ to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. If you would like to discuss the role further or have any specific questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at the same email or telephone on 01899 221115.
Closing date: ongoing
Belmont - Located in the valley of Strathmore, Perthshire, Belmont Centre is situated in an estate of 100 acres of outstanding beauty.
Broomlee - Located 14 miles south of Edinburgh, Broomlee Centre still retains a truly rural atmosphere.
Dounans - Set in the heart of Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park Dounans is ideally placed within easy reach of lochs, rivers and mountains.