Outdoor Activity Instructor, Staffordshire
Peak Activity Services, Chasewater Activity Centre, Staffordshire
Location: Chasewater Activity Centre, Staffordshire
Closing date: 05/10/21
Outdoor Activity Instructor with Peak Activity Services
Place of Work: Chasewater Activity Centre, Staffordshire
Contract type: Permanent, full time
Salary: £8.91ph + increments for qualifications and experience
Reporting to: Centre Manager
Probation Period: 6 months
To deliver high quality activities, focusing on the department’s values, to a wide range of clients of all ages, and any other duties arising
Responsibilities of Appointment
The successful candidate will be responsible for session delivery and centre upkeep. This includes:
· Putting safety first
· Planning, preparation and delivery of high-quality activities and/or training in line with Safety
· Management Procedures and Best Practice
· Delivery of activities for which you hold the appropriate qualifications, or for which you have been in-house assessed, and assisting alongside staff of a relevant level of qualification or experience
· Promoting and enabling social development opportunities
· Contribute towards the centre remaining budget focused
· Be ‘At Your Peak’ delivering a high level of customer service
· Support the delivery of staff training and in-house activity sign off in line with best practice
· Support product and business development activities
· Maximising sales of centre specific products, merchandise, and tuck
· Active maintenance of equipment and facilities to ensure the ongoing safety of clients and staff
· Contribute towards the development of physical resources (buildings, land, and equipment as appropriate)
· Any other reasonable duties commensurate with your role and level of remuneration, which may from time to time be required by the business.
· National governing body awards or delivery experience relevant to post, e.g., paddle sports Instructor, high ropes instructor, archery, team building and mountain biking instructor.
· Outdoor First Aid Qualification (min 16 hour)
· Experience in proficiently delivering outdoor activities
· A passion for delivering outdoor adventure and education
· High level of customer service
· Must hold a full driving licence
· Flexible approach to working hours and able to work away if required
· Other national governing awards, i.e. Archery GB, RYA Safety Boat, ERCA, DofE Assessor, RPIOL or APIOL
· Personal supporting knowledge of a broad range of outdoor and adventurous activities
· Continuing personal participation in outdoor and adventurous activities
· Experience of youth work or working with emotional, learning and behavioural difficulties
· Proven ability to manage challenging situations and leadership and influencing skills
· Full UK driving licence with D1 or +E entitlement
· Experience towing a trailer.
Pay & Remuneration
National living wage plus increments dependent on qualifications and experience.
Due to the variation of our activities and changing customer requirements our working day is of a flexible nature. Working days are normally approximately 8 hours and may include weekend and bank holiday working.
Successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS check with child barred checklists included – if you do not have one, this can be instigated for you.
How to apply: https://peakpeople.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=78262f24-3ed6-4314-b0eb-e39103e2c573