Operations Manager / Chief Instructor, Peak District
Adventure Expeditions, Hathersage, Peak District
Location: Hathersage, Peak District
Salary: £27,000 - £34,000
Closing date: 03/01/22
Operations Manager / Chief Instructor with Adventure Expeditions
Adventure Expeditions is a well-respected not-for-profit organisation providing a variety of outdoor activity programmes, Duke of Edinburgh expeditions and residentials in the UK and overseas. We are seeking to employ a likeminded, well-qualified and experienced instructor to take a lead role in the operational management of these programmes.
Primary responsibilities are to manage the delivery aspects of our operations, including staffing, programme planning & logistics, instructor communication and liaison. This person will head up our core instructor and freelance team and work closely with our full-time office team to ensure that clients are well served, programmes are staffed appropriately and key jobs are completed on time. You will ensure high quality authentic adventure is delivered with the highest standards of risk management and will be able to role model best practice, train and advise staff, prioritise tasks and manage a team.
The role includes a range of direct work on programmes outside of management responsibilities, quality assurance and out-of-hours duty management in rotation with other instructional staff. Opportunities for delivering occasional other work are available if a candidate is interested in, for example, winter climbing/mountaineering, rock climbing or NGB delivery through our sister company, Adventure Expertise. Employee satisfaction is important to us – for the right person this could be a brilliant opportunity.
· Ability to both manage others and lead by example as an experienced instructor in a busy outdoor centre environment and build rapport with the team you’re leading/managing;
· Experience in designing programmes to client requirements, managing logistics and communications with instructors for programme delivery in practice;
· High level management and communication skills plus a strong foundation in risk management and decision-making in a busy outdoor centre context;
· Ability to prioritise workloads, work under own initiative and provide strong operational leadership to an experienced team to ensure that programmes are delivered on time and to the highest standards;
· Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of clients, colleagues, freelance staff team, suppliers and young people;
· 1st Aid, DBS, ML Summer, RCI, full and clean UK driving licence, DofE programme provision experience. Strong recent instructional experience including working on large outdoor programmes with a range of clients;
· Good standard of IT skills and written communications, office admin experience, professional, organised friendly manner.
· MCI or WMCI / IML / Winter ML / Mountain biking / Forest School Practitioner qualification / Management qualifications / overseas expedition experience.
PAY: £27,000 - £34,000 full-time contract. Pay dependent on qualifications/experience. Personal training and development opportunities. Base of work is Hathersage, Peak District. Usual working pattern of Monday – Friday with regular weekend, overnight commitments and travel dependent on programme needs.
LOGO: WEBSITE: www.adventure-expeditions.net
RESPONSE PROCESS: Please contact AE on firstname.lastname@example.org to request a job application pack (including Post Details, Person Specification and Application Form). Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with any questions.
CLOSING DATE: 03/01/2022