Apprentice Outdoor Education Tutors x 2 - Cumbria
Derwent Hill, Keswick, Cumbria
Location: Derwent Hill, Keswick, Cumbria
Salary: NMW for apprentices: £6.39
Closing date: 5/10/23
Apprentice Outdoor Education Tutors x 2 at Derwent Hill
We are seeking to appoint two individuals with the aptitude and ability to undertake a Level 3 apprentice programme, in partnership with Kendal College. The role involves both on and off the job training and gaining experience as an Outdoor Education Tutor.
Job Title: Apprentice Outdoor Education Tutor
Location: Derwent Hill, Keswick, Cumbria CA12 5RD
Duration of post: up to 15 months
Salary: National Minimum Wage for apprentices: £6.39 per hour (18-20yrs)
Hours of work: 37 hours per week over 5 days, with some weekend and Bank Holiday working required
In addition to working with groups in the outdoors, you will contribute to a rota of morning, evening and overnight on-call duties for which Board and Lodging is provided free of charge, Apprentices are expected to live onsite.
- Learn and develop the necessary skills and experience to deliver safe, high quality outdoor education and training courses for children, young people and adults
- Gain great experience of working in a number of different areas within an Outdoor Education Centre, including maintaining outdoor equipment & supporting venue staff
- Get support to achieve a Level 3 qualification in Activity Leadership
- National Governing Body training and assessment courses included
- Receive In house training and development
- Board and Lodging in single rooms - free of charge in return for programmed evening and overnight duties.
Applicants should meet the following person specification:
Minimum age of 18 years on start date
Personal strengths including:
- Positive outlook
- willingness to work independently
- Being helpful and cooperative with others
- Easily accepting other people
- Commitment to self-development
Experience / Knowledge:
- Regular experience of outdoor adventure activities on both land and water
- Working or volunteering with young people (e.g. mentoring at school, young leader in a sports club or scouts)
- Understanding of the environmental issues involved in Outdoor Education
Appling for the post
For further information and details of how to apply, please go to Apprentice Outdoor Education Tutor - Sunderland City Council - North East Jobs
Please note that CV’s are not acceptable.
Please tell us as much as you can about yourself in particular:
- Any volunteering or paid work
- Clubs that you have been involved in e.g. Scouts, Guides, Sports Clubs
- Events that you have contributed to e.g. Theatre production at school or charity fund raising
- Any personal outdoor qualifications e.g. BCU star awards, Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
- Any instructor qualifications or training courses
Application closing date: 5th October 2023
Interviews to be held as soon as possible with the intention of a start date on 1st October pending all the relevant checks.
For an informal discussion please contact the Operations Manager, Nick Lumb on 017687 72005 or email email@example.com
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Derwent Hill safeguards students & staff by being committed to Sunderland Safeguarding Board procedures.
All communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered online with North East Jobs, including your invitation to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email inbox regularly for notifications as you may not be notified by any other means. Please remember to check your junk mail items.
Please be advised that if you have not heard from us in six weeks after the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted.