Recognition as a professional in outdoor learning values your experience and will further demonstrate your commitment to professionalism and continued professional development.
| PR ROUTE 1
Suitable qualification PLUS APIOL or LPIOL award || PR ROUTE 2
Suitable qualification PLUS member of AHOEC || PR ROUTE 3
Suitable qualification PLUS statement of experience || PR ROUTE 4
Accredited member of OEAP |
| One statement of support that confirms your experience || One statement of support that confirms your experience || List of outdoor learning roles, responsibilities and dates || Hold accredited membership of OEAP |
| Copies of certificates of suitable qualifications or statement of equivalent learning || Copies of certificates of suitable qualifications or statement of equivalent learning || One statement of support that confirms your experience |
| Copies of certificates of suitable qualifications or statement of equivalent learning |
| Self-declaration of suitable experience on application form |
All qualifications and awards that are directly relevant to your work in outdoor learning and are at RQF/CQFW Level 5 / SQCF Level 8 or higher may be suitable. For example:
- First or Higher Degrees in Outdoor Adventure Leadership, Outdoor Adventure Education, Geography, Environmental Science, Management etc.
- Level 5 Certificate / Diploma in Management and Leadership, Level 5 Certificate / Diploma in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education, Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training, etc.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS)
Suitable qualifications should include a period of learning (total qualification time) sufficient to gain the breadth and depth of knowledge, thinking and understanding required to support professional competence in outdoor learning.
Statement of equivalent learning:
Equivalent learning can be recognised for those NOT holding a suitable qualification as above.
A Statement of Equivalent Learning should demonstrate relevant knowledge, thinking and understanding at least equivalent to RQF/CQFW Level 5 or SQCF at Level 8. It is in two parts:
- Professional Development Record (signed by a supporter)
- Personal Statement showing that you clearly meet the professional recognition experience requirements
Professionals in outdoor learning have a total of at least five years' experience in outdoor learning including at least two years in a position of responsibility for:
- Shaping effective outdoor learning by exercising autonomy and judgement within broad parameters
- Building programmes of learning using outdoor experiences by drawing on relevant research
- Thinking and operating medium / long term and planning and developing courses of action
- Initiating and leading complex tasks and processes and positively influencing the work of colleagues
- Delivering value to customers and the profession and role modelling professional practice
Experience may be full time, part role or volunteer in any area of outdoor learning, as either a practitioner or academic, and include the responsibilities of one or more of:
Outdoor Learning Specialist
Facilitators, Practitioners, Teachers, Coaches, etc.
Manager in Outdoor Learning
Leaders, Managers, Advisors, Consultants, etc.
Workforce / Profession Developer
Trainers, Lecturers, Researchers, etc.