This Level 3 Certificate in Forest School Programme Leadership enables learners to gain the skills and knowledge required to plan and lead groups in Forest School Programmes and activities. The course consists of 10 tutor-led days, plus a 16 hour Forest School First Aid (2 days) and an optional mentoring day. As well as the tutor-led days there will be a considerable amount of independent and self-directed study, but don’t be put off, you will be supported through the process.
The coursework must be completed within 12 months of start date, but you could complete it in as little as 11 weeks.
All units are internally assessed through the candidate building up a portfolio of evidence that covers the relevant assessment criteria, internally assessed and verified by the centre and then externally verified by Ascentis.
Having completed the course candidates will have met the following learning outcomes.
Be able to understand:
· the structures of woodlands.
· the importance of flora and fauna identification for the Forest School Programme leader.
· the management of woodlands as a sustainable learning environment.
· relevant theories of learning and development and their application to a Forest School programme.
· how a Forest School programme can support holistic development and learning.
· the impact of behaviour on learning and development at a Forest School programme.
· the development of the Forest School ethos.
· the ecological impact of a Forest School programme.
Be able to:
· know how to identify a range of flora and fauna.
· know the relevant policies and procedures required for a Forest School programme.
· facilitate a range of woodland skills appropriate to a Forest School programme.
· facilitate campfire management appropriate to a Forest School programme.
· plan a Forest School programme.
· deliver a Forest School programme.
· assess the impact of Forest School on participants.
· evaluate a Forest School programme.
April Tues 23rd, Wed 24th, Thurs 25th, Fri 26th 2019 - Week1 Forest School Practitioner – Level 3
June Fri 14th 2019 Optional mentoring day
June Sat 15th, Sun 16th 2019 - Forest School First Aid – Level 3
July Mon 1st, Tues 2nd, Wed 3rd, Thurs 4th, Fri 5th 2019 - Week 2 Forest School Practitioner – Level 3
Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm daily.
Phone: 01254552000 Mobile:07928107218
Web links: www.justgrowforestschool.education