Do you want to:
● explore and use your outdoor space for teaching and learning?
● have the confidence to do so?
● take part in and examinine a series of practical, adaptable activities outside?
● Gain a nationally recognised Award in Outdoor Learning?
● Recognise the potential of their outdoor space for teaching and learning
● Have practical, curriculum linked teaching ideas
● Identify and manage risk appropriately
● Be enthusiastic and confident about using the outdoors for teaching and learning.
The Level 3 Award in Learning Beyond the Classroom is awarded through ITC First, an awarding organisation regulated by Ofqual, Qualifications Wales and the SQA www.itcfirst.org.uk
The Award comprises:
- 8 hours of course contact time, comprising theory and practical sessions
- Post-course portfolio of setting-based work for assessment
There are two pathways towards the Award:
- Primary School Pathway – Taking the Curriculum Outdoors
- Secondary School Pathway – Maximising Learning by Making it Real and Contextual
Whichever pathway you take, the workbook is designed to enable learners to record information, ideas and discussion points to inform and guide their planning and practice back at their setting.
Learning portfolios should be submitted within 3 months of the course date using the document in section 14 of the workbook.
For more info and to book, contact firstname.lastname@example.org