Following a Bushcraft Competency Certificate training course you should then undergo a period of consolidation before attending assessment which will need to confirm evidence by completing the BCC log book.
You can attend an assessment without attending a training course, however, you will still need to evidence your experience in the BCC logbook and be able to meet the standards as stated in the IOL Bushcraft Competency Certificate Statement of Good Practice.
- Safe Shelter Construction
- Safe use of tools and knife law
- Establishing and maintaining fires by; bow drill, flint and steel and other methods
- Leaving no trace
- Water Sourcing, Filtering and Purification
- Tree ID & uses
- Natural Navigation
- Cordage making from natural products
This certificate demonstrates that the holder has successfully demonstrated a high level of safety and competency in the subjects covered by the course.
There will usually be at least 2 assessors with a minimum of 6 years experience in teaching bushcraft and survival skills.
USEFUL KIT TO HAVE
• Packed lunch and drink
• Suitable outdoor clothes – boots etc
• Knife/saws that you use
• 4 or more ignition sources incl bow drill
• Variety of tinder and kindling
• Log book (you will need to have a completed log book. Download it here)
• Pen or pencil
For information about the Bushcraft Certificate see the web page: http://www.outdoor-learning.org/Default.aspx?tabid=225
Booking and paying
Once you have completed and either paid the booking or requested an invoice correctly you will receive a transaction confirmation email. If you do not receive this your booking has not been made. Please contact IOL to book over the phone or try again.
To continue with your booking, please click 'Continue' below.